Sunday 12 July 2009

Bulla ki jana...

The greatest lyrics ever!

Not a believer inside the mosque, am I nor a pagan disciple of false rites. Not the pure amongst the impure. Neither Moses, nor the Pharoh. Bulleh! to me, I am not known.

Not in the holy Vedas, am I nor in opium, neither in wine, Not in the drunkard`s craze Niether awake, nor in a sleeping daze. Bulleh! to me, I am not known.

In happiness nor in sorrow, am I neither clean, nor a filthy mire. Not from water, nor from earth. Neither fire, nor from air, is my birth. Bulleh! to me, I am not known.

Not an Arab, nor Lahori. Neither Hindi, nor Nagauri Hindu, Turk (Muslim), nor Peshawari. Nor do I live in Nadaun. Bulleh! to me, I am not known.

Secrets of religion, I have not known. From Adam and Eve, I am not born. I am not the name I assume. Not in stillness, nor on the move. Bulleh! to me, I am not known.

I am the first, I am the last. None other, have I ever known. I am the wisest of them all. Bulleh! do I stand alone? Bulleh! to me, I am not known

!!!!!

No comments: