Tuesday 27 November 2007

UK mein pehli pehli baar

I wrote this one on Word document on 15th November i.e. on the completion of my first month in UK but was waiting for few other things to happen. One of the most important thing has happened today. I have internet connection a home now, which means I can work, chat and blog from home.

So here is a list of first few things, as demanded by an old friend :)

First friend in UK - Harish, he happens to be my classmate too

First buy - Liquid detergent, after a long search for the cheapest one like a house wife

First Gift - Arthurium Plant, its beautiful



First Indian food - arhad dal and rice at Harish’s place. They reminded me of home :)

First grocery shopping - ASDA, it is a big supermarket

First Chocolate - Cadbury dairy milk with whole nuts,yummmmmmmmmmmmy

First cooking – pasta in tomato sauce, but want to remember making rice in microwave.

First picnic- Warwick castle with friends. This was arranged by Students union.


First shopping- Wind cutting jacket with funny hood from Primark. My friends call me Eskimo now. I am glad I bought this.

First Diwali- It was quite painful to be away from home but managed quite well, went to temple and then for fireworks.

First proper dinner- went to an Indian restaurant on Diwali. The food was quite sad.

First outing- went with two friends to Bradford for a weekend. This was also a visit to first Indian family in UK. A perfect example of a nuclear family of three- Husband, wife and a dog.


First Film- Om Shanti Om, it deserves a separate post but that will come some other day. But it was quite a regret.

:)

4 comments:

Tuhina Adit Maark said...

These were all the firsts. What about the seconds? :)

Azahar Machwe said...

badhayian for getting internet at home!

Unknown said...

Choclate for me toooooooooooooo:)

Anonymous said...

where is the first cosmetic shooping....happy to seeeeeeeee u happy darling