Tuesday 8 January 2008

The god of small things

Friends, this post is not about Arundhati Roy's book but my little experiences. In the past few days I have started feeling the presence of god even in the smallest of things. Few days back when I was taking out a packet of Top Ramen noodles, I thought I was left with only 6. When I checked they were 8 of them.

While leaving India my father packed a lot of ITC packaged food which is thankfully over now. One evening I cooked rice and did not know what to eat it with. I thought of having an ITC packed sabzi with which my experience has not been great. For the first few times I only got to eat Aloo Mattar :(. So I stopped bothering about them. On this very evening I was thinking no aloo mattar please! And I tried my luck. I could not have asked for more. It was Kadii, one of my favourite combo with rice.

Then there was another such evening where I was desperate to eat as i did not have proper breakfast or lunch that day. Rice was ready and then again tried my luck and I chanted no aloo mattar please ! And guess what I got. Rajma, the only thing I enjoy the most with rice other than kadii.

That's what my god of small things does for me :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God exist , sum1 is right:)
It's a beutiful thought....