Wednesday 6 January 2010

Are there only 3 idiots?

My response is that I am glad there are only three and that too limited to the film. '3 idiots' has all the reasons to pull crowds as it is directed by somebody who gave Gandhi a new life in 21st century and concepts like 'jadoo ki jhappi' started making sense. Aamir Khan's acting is clearly the icing on cake. I waited excitedly to watch this film and went to watch it on it's release, despite minus temperatures . I have to admit that the film was entertaining and I walked out of the theatre with an encouraging mood. It is a feel good film except for certain sequences which are difficult to forget ( digest) like delivering a baby on TT table with tools like vacuum cleaner and on the top of that a newly born baby actively responds to the concept of 'Aal is well'. ?????????

I do have a strong opinion about India's education system and believe firmly that it needs to be reformed urgently. Although after watching the film I realised that it was not dealt with at all. This film did not show institutes with outstanding reputation in fine light. The only message it delivers is that well accomplished teachers are frustrated and do not treat students right. However this is not reality, my own experience with teachers has been mixed but some of the teachers I have met really deserve the best.

Rancho (central character) can afford to sing 'Aal is well' as he is genius and blessed with intelligence, but the reality is that 'Aal is not well' with most of us. It is impossible for me to imagine all photographers, actors and journalists around me and no doctors and engineers. My best friend is a doctor and I know the struggle and hard work it takes to become one. Engineers go through bad ragging but do end up making flyovers and buildings for us. India does need people who are highly educated to bring changes and regrettably everybody has to grill through the existing education system to rise and grow, if not, we will all be idiots.

1 comment:

TKS said...

Well I agree with the minus temperatures (add a major downpour to that for me)...but it was all worth it.

The idea is not about not having docs and engineers but basically a freedom to follow one's own calling reather than parents fulfilling their own dreams through their kids!