Wednesday 20 January 2010

Beware of me on roads now :D ;) :):):):)

Read the following chat for some information on how to get driving licence. These are two people sharing their experiences about UK and UAE.



JIT: Hi
me: Hey
JIT: why beware of u... i don't understand
7:15 PM me: Got license to drive in uk :D
7:16 PM JIT: wooooooooooooh ... great I too got license .. to drive in UAE..
and it's been more than two month now im on the road
me: Its damn difficult to get one here
7:17 PM JIT: even i can drive in UK with this licence
me: I was driving with indian one till now
JIT: same here.. i got it on my fifth attempt...hmmmm
me: I got it in one go
JIT: indian is valid there....lucky
7:18 PM me: Yeah only for one yr
JIT: k
me: Uk license is valid everywhere
JIT: dubai license is valid in 53 countries
me: Ok
JIT: yeah i know...lot of English guys get license here just showing a UK one... and v bloody .. f***** Indians are treated like slaves... u have to go through a long process
me: That's coz nobody follows rules there
7:21 PM JIT: true...true
me: Does it cost big money to get license in uae
JIT: first get admission in the driving school and it takes ages to get ur turn and then parking test this test that test and finally road test which is torture....yeah... I almost shell out Dhs 6k
7:23 PM after getting a license life is now pretty better...
me: How much is that in indian money
JIT: othewise it was very painful....may be around 80,000
7:24 PM me: hahaha
JIT: in that money i could got 100 license in india without going anywhere
me: That's a relief coz I thought I m the only indian going thru this torture
JIT: ha ha ha ha
7:25 PM me: I paid £300 approx
JIT: there are lots here.. going through this
ha ha ha
me: About 25000 rupees
7:26 PM JIT: still u have spend less than what I paid and it took 8 months
me: God...Urs was more difficult for sure
JIT: so which car u driving now...
7:27 PM me: Vw polo
JIT: hmmmm...i got civic basic....with cruise
me: Waah....Auto or manual?
7:31 PM JIT: Auto... I have license to drive only auto
me: Yeah mine is manual, I can drive both
7:34 PM JIT: Had I applied for manual ... I don't think i could gave got the license.. I still might be struggling
me: Y
7:36 PM JIT: It's a strange world... on my first attempt — road test — the guy who was the first to start almost drove it on pavement and he got license i got failed ...
7:38 PM me: I can very well imagine. Here its all about getting a good instructor and confidence.

I changed 3 instructors
7:40 PM JIT: Here it's a basically a business
i changed two instructors, it was so frustrating...
me: Its the same in uk, big business for brits

X-----X-----X


The fact of the matter is that I know why we struggle to get driving license outside our own country. Firstly, it is very expensive taking lessons and then the test fees. One pays and pays unless you actually pass the tests. The only hard work I did in India was to sign and get a photograph done, thanks to the connections my driving school had. I did not take theory or a practical test. Funniest bit back home was the last fifteen minutes of my lessons, where the instructor thought of enlightening me about reverse gear :D

!!!!!

2 comments:

Trupti said...

Heyyyy..u know what I don’t agree with the post – agree that the rules are tough but they are definitely very fair and unbiased –they need to be stringent coz of the high speed at which we drive here in UAE –on normal roads we drive at 120kms hence scope for error aint there…I managed 2 get my license at one go inspite of people saying that does not happen –u follow the rules and u clear but if u make any error which they consider a hazard to others u would flunk..My instructor had told me something which is very true –she told me that what they assess you for is whether u are safe on the road and not hazardous to others on the road its not a show of ur driving abilities and that worked –u follow the rules and u’ll be fine…

As u said Indian license is not considered here coz they see Indian who have a license but cannot drive at all hence know its easy 2 get one.

Anonymous said...

Despite driving on pavement you get license, isn’t that hazardous.