Thursday 19 June 2008

Alpenlibe...raha na jaaye...

Many of my friends continue to ask if I miss Alpenlibe so much and if I get it in UK. Well the answer to both the questions is 'NO'. Its not the candy that I crave for but its the advert that I feel like singing every now and then. The lyrics and music are smoother than the candy itself.

Sometimes advertisements are more entertaining than films or serials. I remember ads that I used to watch as a child and can still sing effortlessly. Some of them were hilarious and used to sing in groups in school as well, like
jab mai chota bachha tha, badi shrarat karta tha, meri chori pakdi jaati...jab roshan hota Bajaj...ting ding ding ding ding...

Another ad that used to get a lot of attention during family dinners was Cadbury's, kuch khaas hai ad where the girl runs to her boy friend/ husband in a cricket ground after he hits a six. I will admit that I only used to wait for the ad between boring news bulletins as it used to bring in some fresh air and happy faces. The arguement used be on whether the situation is possible in real life or not. Real life ofcourse is more spontaneous and has better moments, however this particular ad and the series that followed was actually appealing.

Lijjat papad...he he he...he he he, surf ultra's daag ...dundte reh jaoge and pan pasand's shaadi aur tumse??? kabhi nahin !!! remain to be few of my favourites from the good old days.

:)

4 comments:

Azahar Machwe said...

it really is fascinating.. because each ad is trying to pass a message to the viewer.

the good ads I guess had people interpreting them in multiple ways. also like you mention some ads just stick to your brain 5, 10, 15 years after they are discontinued... this is what I call brainwashing! :D

well I hope you used a premium detergent to wash ur brains! ;)

Vibgyor said...

Customers are intelligent and are well aware of their needs. So be it brainwashing with a bit of entertainment value. The sellers continue to try hard and harder.

Unknown said...

Another ad that i can recall is of Pepsi(1st ad) in which Remo used to sing a beautiful song:)

Radhika said...

Hi Vibha, nice blog.

How are you doing? How is life?

Richa Khandelwal