Friday 13 June 2008

Friday, the 13th in UK

The first 'Devil's Day' in UK was quite interesting as a friend said its a lucky combination. It took me back to my school days where we used to wait for something evil to happen. Even till few years back I used to message all my friends, and call it their day to have a bit of fun. I also remember failing in a Maths test in middle school on the same date and day, it was not a new thing but it happened just before the summer vacations.

I also noticed that Uphaar tragedy happened on Friday, the 13th. 13 is a fascinating number, it not only scares people in horror films but also in real life, like Chandigarh does not have Sector 13, so its 12 and then 14 after that. A lot of hotels don't have the 13th floor or room number because of the jinx attached to it.

My day was relatively full of new things:

  1. Walked to St. Margaret's bus station for the first time. This was to see off a friend. Everytime I go there it reminds me of my landing in Leicester with few heavy bags and nowhere to go.
  2. Inaugurated a new Hawkin's pressure cooker which recently came from India. The first pressure cooker preparation attempt in UK was Pulao that came out as Kichdhi :D which I would have never had if it was not my preparation.


:)

No comments: