Saturday 27 December 2008

Filmy 2008

I am a film buff and enjoy any good to bad film, however I can do very well without action and horror dramas. 2008 has been a year of firsts. It also happens to be the year where I discovered the fun of watching online films in the comfort of four walls on my bed with food, pint of water and snacks alongside. Online films can be paused as well as can be enjoyed with cooking, cleaning and even sometimes with work. Even better is that one can sleep and continue even discountinue, depending on the quality or mood. And all this without the pinch of having paid for it or the struggle to reach a theatre.



This works well with most Bollywood films where the brain can be switched off, but I was taken by a surprise several times. Some films were excellent and could be enjoyed even with a compromise on picture quality and just acceptable sound. I am listing down few films that I really had fun watching.


  1. A Wednesday

  2. Aamir

  3. Dasvidaniya

  4. Oye Lucky ! Lucky oye

  5. Mithya

  6. Rock On

  7. Ru-ba-ru

  8. Via Darjeeling

  9. Jaane tu ya jaane na

  10. Sorry bhai

Ofcourse there were few huge disappointments as well



  1. Yuvraj

  2. Dostana

  3. Singh is King

  4. Tashan

  5. Mission Istanbul

  6. Thoda pyaar thoda magic

  7. Jodha Akbar

  8. Bachna ae haseeno

  9. Kismat connection

  10. Love story 2050

Ohhh I am feeling good ! I thought it will be a struggle to list the same number of films in both the lists but the bad ones were as easy to list as the good ones were.


I am yet to watch Rab ne and thankfully it does not excite me enough. Ghajini is a film that I would like to watch as its an action film and I am not too keen to see Aamir's eight packs on big screen.

:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

See so u finally agree with me on Dostana :)I liked bachna ae... though!

Azahar Machwe said...

hahaha pint of water? :P very British ma'am!

And m surprised you were disappointed with movies like Tashan, Dostana and SSingh is King... ;) those were movies to be seen without expectations.. :D hahaha they are a new class of movies where you are supposed to disconnect yourself from reality, switch off your brain, sip your pepsi and snuggle into ur bed while watching... ;)

Anonymous said...

Oye happy new year pe poore saal ka review. I watched Dasvidaniya last nite... lovely movie.

Ghajini is not action film completely. Watch it n u will like it. it has romance, comedy, n then some action. 8 packs is not a thing to impress someone in the movie at all. Enjoy the show movie buff :-)

Unknown said...

Dont tell me that Jodhaa Akbar was a disappointment. I believe its because you watched it on a small screen (even smaller than a TV ..:-)). The film looks beautiful on big screen and hrithik is maturing as an actor. He is moving on the same track on which aamir started his journey...:)