Saturday 13 December 2008

S(F)unday

Perfect Sunday or Funday as I occasionally used to call them in India literally used to mean a summery sunny morning/afternoon setting. I used be be lying on the sofa looking at the clear blue beautiful sky, with dazzling pink bougainvillea flowers blocking my view. Thinking about various things and also nothing most of the times. To make this picture perfect, some sparrows and a squirrel used to jump around in the balcony in search for water and food. They were my best weekend friends.


Sundays in UK can be fun with friends and specially if one doesn’t hope them to be sunny. Food of course tops the priority list. But the comfort of being home is always absent. The weather conditions are pitiable! It’s dark, windy and cold. The pigeons here remind me of DDLJ where Ambrish Puri says, 'yahan ke to kabootron mein bhi apne desh jaisi baat nahin hai'. I feel like one of the birds SRK refers to,that lost her way and came to an unknown land and now remembers home amidst the new world.

:)

No comments: