Friday 23 May 2008

Aamir on Shahrukh

"Shahrukh is licking my feet and I am feeding him biscuits every now and then. What more can I ask for? Now, before you jump to any conclusions let me add that Shahrukh is the name of our dog. And before you jump to any further conclusions let me add that I had nothing to do with naming him. In fact Shahrukh is the dog of the caretakers of our house. When I bought this house it came with the caretakers and their dog! Apparently Shahrukh (the actor) was shooting for a commercial in this house a few years ago, and that very day the caretakers bought a pup…, and named him Shahrukh. What are the chances of me buying a house which comes with a dog called Shahrukh!!! (aamirkhan.com)



This is an excerpt from Aamir Khan's blog. This post was very much in news for obvious reasons. I have friends who are die hard fans of both actors and I like them equally. I think actors like anyother professionals should be known for their work and not statements. SRK deserves every bit of this as he has made fun of people in television shows, interviews and media interactions in the past. These people include politician Amar Singh and Director Sanjay Leela Bansali.

However, I don't understand the need for Aamir Khan to get into controversy without any reason. Aamir is believed to be an intelligent actor and his marketing / publicity tools are innovative specially around new releases. Then be it Mangal Pandey mouchtache, DCH hair style, Narmada after RDB, Coke quality justification or this one for instance just before the release of Gajini.

:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

who wrote this crap....nobody can c a nice guy like SRK doing well in life....SRK is the best and will always b the best