Saturday 3 May 2008

First Gurudwara visit in UK

This was one one of the first suggestions I got from an experienced person, that I must find out the local gurudwara as Sikh community is friendly. But it took me good seven months to do so. This visit was planned within seconds with a group of friends. All of us were excited for the langar(food prasad).

Leicester Gurudwara was very peaceful, just like gurudwaras in India there was an old man saying gurbani on the mike and a lady to distribute Kada(sweet prasad). After sitting there for few minutes it felt that I was home. It also reminded me of college days where I used to go to college gurudwara and sit there for sometime. The visit used be very voluntary, sometimes with complaints and sometimes with no reasons at all.

Then came the best bit of our gurudwara visit i.e langar. All of us had stars in our eyes with a plate full of proper Indian food. Five of us were eating, enjoying and thinking. I don't know what others were thinking but I was thinking what I eat these days is not upto the mark and suddenly I had tears in my eyes. I missed home, my family and also my bestest friend with whom I used to go to gurudwara for an outing followed by an ice-cream session at India Gate.
:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We all miss u :)